My favorite way of meditating is with some soft soothing background music, started by a bell and ended by a bell. During the meditation I will either use focussing on my breath to bring awareness back to the meditation, when my mind wanders off in thoughts, or I will use silently repeating a mantra to bring my awareness back to the meditation. My 3 favorite mantras are “so hum”, “sath chit ananda” and “aham bramasmi”. Meditating allows me to realize that my thoughts are just a product of my brain, they are not me. I hope this helps! Good luck and enjoy the epitome of “me”-time.
No I prefer listening to the sounds around me. Especially now that the birds have returned and I can listen to their songs
- Does maintaining an upright seated position while meditating get easier with practice?
- How do you meditate outside house, say at work, without attracting too much attention of people around?
- Do you ever meditate while lying on your back? Is this a valid way to meditate?
- I usually meditate by lying over the ground and closing my eyes… can I do it while doing other postures like Yoga and how to do it
- What’s you’re advice for someone with severe pain syndrome or fibromyalgia? When having bad days, it’s so hard to stick to the routines, the chain breaks so soon and it have physical and emotional pain everytime.
- Do you only use meditate as a point of focus or for anything else? Visualization, reflection, prayer?
- which part of the day do you feel is the best time for you to meditate? thanks!
- What is an ideal duration for meditating? What time of the day/night? Does it matters?
- Sitting on thr floor upright is painful for my back. Are there any suggestions on how to improve my meditation posture?
- Do any of y’all use headspace as a meditation app? How’s it going?