I find that instead of looking at my phone I try to watch people or look around at what's happening in my world. That way I can avoid an awkward silence or interaction and it gives me a chance to realise more about my world.
instead of being so addicted to the phone you should try to read, forget about reality for a sec, listen to quiet music, or just music you like, try to do some exercise, or yoga, try new things, new hobbies…
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?