I turn on “do not disturb” mode on my phone and put it face down. I also turn off any notifications on my laptop as well if I’m working on it, and avoid opening my inbox to avoid distraction if a new email comes in
- How do I block distractions if my phone is the source of my deep work?
- Sometimes I can’t complete the deep work task as my activities change during the day, what is your approach to getting it done when this happens?
- Do you find it more beneficial to deeply focus on tasks at hand or spend time on an ongoing project when you are fully focused for a dedicated time span?
- I am terrible at concentrating, specially because of the internal negative self-talk. How do you postpone or eradicate altogether the negative self-talk during deep work sessions?
- How do you make time to do personal things during a busy and tiring work day?
Mostly i turn on my internet and and keep my phone out of my rich and play some deep focus music in the background with headphones on to block all of the noises that might disturb me. And i just promise myself do get the job done and think about the way ill feel when i check it off my to do list
I do my best to start by gathering any and all materials I know I will need as well as anything I am likely to want/need. Then I set up my workspace for whatever my task. Some have permanent places some don't. I use the restroom, get a beverage, and snack and make sure all my devices are plugged in. Hook up headphones to a playlist I know by heart and off I go.
I try to focus on my task, usually because it is important. I remind myself of how important it is and that really motivates me to try and finish that task so that I can succeed at what I’m doing. I’m still learning ways to stay productive, and it would really help if you could share with us (on the app) how we could achieve that.
Are use a timer to help me stay focused. And I do tech nique very similar to meditation where I just noticed that when I’m doing tonight potential of what I’m doing and I’ll try to remember the moments when I distract myself or come out of the flow state and then no judgment, come back to it
- What do you do to avoid distractions?
- Is it optimal to break up deep work periods? I understood that people don’t tend to work optimally after about a 45-minute period?
- How you can do deep work?
- What’s the best way to balance food, activities and workouts?
- How do you learn to trust yourself and trust others?
- How do I wake up early in the morning every day?
- I would like to know if you have a boss and he is really in a bad mood, how do you handle this?
- Whenever I take a break, I lose track of what my plan was and I get totally lost in shallow activities. How can I deal with this?
- What advantage do you get from deep work?
- How do you find the best time of day to do deep work?