Mostly i turn on my internet and and keep my phone out of my rich and play some deep focus music in the background with headphones on to block all of the noises that might disturb me. And i just promise myself do get the job done and think about the way ill feel when i check it off my to do list
I do my best to start by gathering any and all materials I know I will need as well as anything I am likely to want/need. Then I set up my workspace for whatever my task. Some have permanent places some don't. I use the restroom, get a beverage, and snack and make sure all my devices are plugged in. Hook up headphones to a playlist I know by heart and off I go.
Are use a timer to help me stay focused. And I do tech nique very similar to meditation where I just noticed that when I’m doing tonight potential of what I’m doing and I’ll try to remember the moments when I distract myself or come out of the flow state and then no judgment, come back to it
I turn on “do not disturb” mode on my phone and put it face down. I also turn off any notifications on my laptop as well if I’m working on it, and avoid opening my inbox to avoid distraction if a new email comes in
I try to focus on my task, usually because it is important. I remind myself of how important it is and that really motivates me to try and finish that task so that I can succeed at what I’m doing. I’m still learning ways to stay productive, and it would really help if you could share with us (on the app) how we could achieve that.
- How to get motivation for the deep work habit?
- I need some focus and motivational quotes to help me get going.
- What’s a good time to do deep work. Morning, afternoon or evening?
- How to stop procrastinating?
- What do you do when you can’t focus?
- What do you consider as deep work?
- How do you increase the amount of deep work you do without getting distracted?
- What’s your idea of deep work? Does it need to be at a desk or can it be a sport ir house chore?
- How to I get motivated to work when I can easily just not do anything ?
- What do you for your Deep Work Habit if you are retired or otherwise don’t work outside the home?