1) put my phone down/ stop what I’m doing for a moment
2) place my hand on my abdomen
3) breath in for count of 3
4) hold for count of 3
5) exhale for count of 3
6) repeat as often as I feel.
Sometimes, I do it once, sometimes it actually triggers a formal meditation practice in that moment. Even a few seconds of mindfulness allows stress to dissipate and facilitates presence.
I hope that helps and wish you all the best.
They recommend to sit everyday, in the same place and at the same time.
Mind is very habitual.
You can start gradually even with a minute a day and build it up gradually adding a minute everyday until you reach 2 or 3h.
For additional information please check sos.org
A second thing I do, when I don't feel like meditating, is, first of all, to be ok with it. I accept and forgive myself to be human and to be a bit flakey in what I set out to do. And then, I trust that I will get back to meditating again on a regular basis. I reflect (I like reflecting in writing) on what are times and activities that have the same effect on me like meditating, and I try to schedule those in my day. Also, through reflecting, I gain more insights on what is holding me from meditating, and what is needed to be added (or taken away) from my life at the moment (I am thinking here about too many habits, having taken up too much work, adjusting how I split the housework with my husband, etc.).
One thing I know that usually works for me: brewing a cup of my favorite tea and sitting down on my sofa, truly enjoying every hot sip of it. That always works to get me in a state of meditation.
The honest truth may be, I’m ignoring the fact I should do it, I’m being lazy & watch tv or on my phone.
My partner normally falls asleep, so it could give me a chance to do it with feeling guilty
- Do you prefer guided meditation or silence? Why?
- Why do we have to meditate at same time every day?
- Which position do you find works best when practicing meditation?
- What are the kind of meditations you do?
- What is actually the best time to meditate like according to studies and scientists?
- How do I access the visualization meditation? When I am not in the routine how do I go back?
- I always wake up restless, which kind of meditation I should do?
- When you find your mind wandering while meditating, what do your thoughts typically stray to?
- Do you do your morning mediation on the floor or on a chair? Curious about posture…
- What tips do you have for mediation?