I generally prefer to do legs and back in the morning. Stretching the back releases a lot of energy to help you wake up! Though I spend a lot of time on my legs, they’re still tighter than i’d like them to be. Also, because the muscles are so big, you can stretch deeply without going too far. It’s a really satisfying feeling.
I like stretching my hamstrings, lower back, and hip flexors. I have been running about 3-4 times a week for nearly 30 years and have completed 40+ marathons. As a result, these are the parts of my body that seem to need the most attention.
- What “secret” exercises you do at your work table?
- What’s a great at-home exercise?
- I struggle with depression, but I always feel better after I exercise. Motivating myself to exercise when I feel so down is difficult, however. Do you have any tricks to motivate yourself to exercise when you just plain don’t want to? 🙂
- How do you motivate yourself to exercise? I need help!
- Do you work out as soon as you wake up?
- How do you get yourself exercising when you are already exhausted or have no energy?
- Practitioners of Ayurveda: How do you start to energize the body? How fast can it happen?
- Why work out if I’m not seeing results?
- How often do you exercise per week and how many hours each session?
- I wake up in the morning, drink water, fold my bed sheets and all, then exercise, and then take a shower. So my question is that should I brush my teeth before or after exercise?