I generally prefer to do legs and back in the morning. Stretching the back releases a lot of energy to help you wake up! Though I spend a lot of time on my legs, they’re still tighter than i’d like them to be. Also, because the muscles are so big, you can stretch deeply without going too far. It’s a really satisfying feeling.
I like stretching my hamstrings, lower back, and hip flexors. I have been running about 3-4 times a week for nearly 30 years and have completed 40+ marathons. As a result, these are the parts of my body that seem to need the most attention.
- Do you stretch before or after exercising?
- Do I have to exercise 7 times a week?
- Do you feel more energetic after exercise?
- What’s your go to 8-minute exercise?
- How can I make my running habit more permanent?
- How can I really stick to an exercise habit?
- What exercise is best to do? I do different ones each day but I don’t know what I should stick with.
- Does it need to be the same exercise every day or can you mix it up a bit?
- What are good neck stretches?
- Do you switch it up every day or do you stick with one thing?