But if whatever you're watching (the news e.g.) only takes as long as your breakfast it should be acceptable.
something I indulge in when too tired to do anything else – not something I would personally want as part of my morning routine, which should be energizing and make you feel good. Why not take 10 min and read a few pages instead?
I often schedule my leisure time and I'm finding I get more of it now that it's on a calendar. The most important thing to take away is that whatever you choose to do, that it is in line with your goals and needs.
1. It distracts me from my food and encourages “mindless eating” i.e. overeating.
2. I feel each meal is something to be enjoyed and savored. It helps me feel satisfied mentally & physically because I haven’t been distracted!
Just my two cents.
If it just feels like a bad habit maybe try music or podcasts instead
Also the energy matters. Information is being consumed by us together with eating. All entertaining sources usually bring not the best energy.
So I don’t think that breakfast while watching TV is a great idea.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.