I guess for some people, they're perfectly content with eating the same food for breakfast every single day. Just like they're comfortable eating the same lunch for forty years. And the same dinner and taking the same bus route and being the best employee of the ae company for as long as they've worked. Perhaps they always use the same type of soap and squeeze exactly two pumps of shampoo every time they shower and haven't upgraded their wardrobe since bell bottoms were in fashion. I respect that. There's safety in this. A sense of assuredness, a quiet comfort that only increases over time and makes them the sort of reliable workers, friends, partners, people we need.
But not always. A lot of people change their tastes from day to day, sometimes within the hour. And THAT'S OK. If you find a food that you love, stick with it as long as your mind and heart allows it. Routines are nice. But don't push yourself. The exact foods you choose aren't a "Til death do us part" deal. As long as you strive to have a healthy breakfast every day, I'd say you're doing well. (In fact, the Fabulous app only encourages us to eat healthy daily. It doesn't tell us to eat the same foods.)
And of course, don't be surprised if you end up having the same breakfast every day after some time. Lifestyles are a trial and error thing. Maybe the rest of your life is chaotic. Amidst the paperwork or the tests you're cramming for or the family screaming for you, it's nice to take a little time for yourself in the morning and treat yourself to something good for just you. After a while, you may end up eating the same breakfast every day and actually liking it because it's easy. It's the one thing you've come to count on and it's not the most fancy or complicated or even 100% healthy/organic/fat-gluten-otherscarythings free food, but it's what you've grown to enjoy and seek out in the mornings.
And that's ok too.
- What is your favorite healthy breakfast that gives you sustained energy and keeps you feeling full until lunch?
- How do I get more veggies for breakfast?
- What is the lightest acceptable breakfast for someone with a full hectic schedule?
- What’s a good breakfast option for vegans?
- What would you combine in an easy go-to, vegan, breakfast smoothie that includes all the necessary vitamins and minerals for a physically active working day?
- When is the best time to have breakfast?
- What are your plans to make sure you eat a good healthy breakfast every morning?
- I sometimes like to sprinkle grains, nuts and fruit on a green salad for breakfast. Is there any reason I shouldn’t eat a raw greens salad after my morning workout?
- Any quick protein rich vegan breakfasts? Need some ideas! Thanks 🙂
- How can I make a dairy-free omelette?