- I don’t always like to eat ‘breakfast’ foods. I think they’re horribly sweet and it’s not really nice to wake up and go straight for pancakes, waffles, cereal, french toast, and all the other nauseatingly sweet foods! I find I eat many leftovers and lunch and dinner foods for breakfast. Do you think that’s a problem? Do you have any suggestions on nonsweet breakfast foods I can eat? I’ve got a bit of a problem with eggs, too… So I’d prefer no eggs. 🙁 It’s tough!
- Do you have any alternatives to eggs? 🙂
- Anyone else not hungry until 10 or 10:30?
- Is it easier to prep at night or get up a little earlier to make food?
- What’s a more luxurious but still healthy weekend breakfast?
I guess for some people, they're perfectly content with eating the same food for breakfast every single day. Just like they're comfortable eating the same lunch for forty years. And the same dinner and taking the same bus route and being the best employee of the ae company for as long as they've worked. Perhaps they always use the same type of soap and squeeze exactly two pumps of shampoo every time they shower and haven't upgraded their wardrobe since bell bottoms were in fashion. I respect that. There's safety in this. A sense of assuredness, a quiet comfort that only increases over time and makes them the sort of reliable workers, friends, partners, people we need.
But not always. A lot of people change their tastes from day to day, sometimes within the hour. And THAT'S OK. If you find a food that you love, stick with it as long as your mind and heart allows it. Routines are nice. But don't push yourself. The exact foods you choose aren't a "Til death do us part" deal. As long as you strive to have a healthy breakfast every day, I'd say you're doing well. (In fact, the Fabulous app only encourages us to eat healthy daily. It doesn't tell us to eat the same foods.)
And of course, don't be surprised if you end up having the same breakfast every day after some time. Lifestyles are a trial and error thing. Maybe the rest of your life is chaotic. Amidst the paperwork or the tests you're cramming for or the family screaming for you, it's nice to take a little time for yourself in the morning and treat yourself to something good for just you. After a while, you may end up eating the same breakfast every day and actually liking it because it's easy. It's the one thing you've come to count on and it's not the most fancy or complicated or even 100% healthy/organic/fat-gluten-otherscarythings free food, but it's what you've grown to enjoy and seek out in the mornings.
And that's ok too.
- I have high triglycerides and cholesterol. Will eating eggs everyday raise my levels?
- Does anyone have suggestions for easy breakfast that can be made ahead and brought to work?
- What breakfast foods are best for people with IBS?
- Anyone else on gluten and dairy free diet
- What do you do to maintain your eating habits when you’re a guest in someones home?
- What do you eat in a rush?
- What are some breakfast options to eat on the go?
- Favorite prepared night before quick breakfasts?
- How do I keep the motivation to make breakfast instead of just grabbing a proccesed snack?
- High protein vegan breakfast ideas?