It has been claimed that even an unhealthy breakfast like donuts gets the metabolism going, and that eating breakfast results in healthier eating choices and consuming fewer calories throughout the day.
However, there is some debate about this, and it may depend on your body’s situation and your personal eating and exercise habits.
As an example of when skipping breakfast could be better than an unhealthy one is when practicing intermittent fasting. Intermittent fasting has been shown to help with weight loss by eating all meals within an 8 hour window each day. On such a schedule, skipping breakfast would increase the length of the fast, and increase the benefits.
Overall, keep in mind that everyone’s body, lifestyle, and goals are different, so experiment and see what gives you the best results.
I hope this helps. Good luck with finding what works best for you!
- Need tips on great Indian vegetarian breakfast items.
- Is it ok to eat soba noodle in the morning?
- What tasty breakfast is easy to prepare with lots of protein and veg?
- What is your favorite easy breakfast?
- What is a quick healthy breakfast choice for kids?
- What are some good healthy vegan breakfast ideas to make when I’m short of time in the morning?
- What’s a good upset stomach breakfast?
- I travel a lot for work. Do you have any generic recommendations for breakfast on the road?
- When you are pressed for time in the morning, how do you still have a good breakfast?
- What specifically do you like to make in the morning for breakfast?