I learned the hard way when I didn't eat before going for my walks. I was so hungry I couldn't wait to get home and have food. I didn't care what it was. Make some thing fast and eat.
When you exercise, blood is diverted away from your digestive system as your body focuses on the task at hand; your workout.
If you eat before exercising, the food will just sit there, sloshing about as you move, not digesting and making you feel miserable.
Another benefit of exercise first is your metabolism is geared towards working out. You will burn more calories on an empty stomach and will have a more productive session.
After cooling down and taking a shower, your appetite will return. You may be inspired at this point to have a healthier, protein rich breakfast as opposed to carbs to continue the trend of the day.
- Why is it wrong to skip breakfast? I know people who skip breakfast and actually feel better after skipping breakfast.
- I can eat in the morning, but I’m having a hard time eating before going to work because no matter what time I wake up I feel like I’m always running late. I want to eat before I get to work because I want to eat breakfast within an hour of waking up to start my day off right. How do you do it?
- Is eating breakfast the first or last part of your morning routine?
- How do I start remembering things better and feel comfortable with it?
- What are some yummy add-ins that you like to put in your overnight oats?
- Is caffeine okay, or not recommended?
- What do you have for breakfast as a healthy option?
- I have to get two kids (2 and 3) ready every morning and don’t ever feel like I have time to cook eggs for breakfast. What are some very healthy going-out-the-door recipes that take minimal prep?
- Is it good to run before or after breakfast?
- Any small meals that are filling? I’m not very hungry in the morning and don’t know what to eat.