I learned the hard way when I didn't eat before going for my walks. I was so hungry I couldn't wait to get home and have food. I didn't care what it was. Make some thing fast and eat.
When you exercise, blood is diverted away from your digestive system as your body focuses on the task at hand; your workout.
If you eat before exercising, the food will just sit there, sloshing about as you move, not digesting and making you feel miserable.
Another benefit of exercise first is your metabolism is geared towards working out. You will burn more calories on an empty stomach and will have a more productive session.
After cooling down and taking a shower, your appetite will return. You may be inspired at this point to have a healthier, protein rich breakfast as opposed to carbs to continue the trend of the day.
- What are your ideas for healthy make-ahead breakfasts?
- How important is variety when it comes to eating breakfast?
- Does anyone have any suggestions for an on the go breakfast to just take with me along with my normal piece of fruit? The main reason I may not eat breakfast in the morning is due to time, but I find most ‘breakfast bar’ type on the go breakfasts boring and unsatisfying so I still find myself snacking an hour or two later.
- How long does it usually take to make your protein-rich breakfast on average? What shortcuts do you have, if any?
- What is something to eat for breakfast when you have to run out the door?
- I would like to ask for some help amongst the Fabulous members. Because I’m not easily motivated and don’t have much time on my hands, what can I do to ensure that I have a good breakfast without being time consuming in the morning?
- What about oil in breakfast? Is it good or bad? For example paratha and fried egg?
- What are some uncommon but amazing proteins to add to my mornings?
- What are vegan options for a high protein breakfast?
- What are good ideas for breakfast on the go??