I learned the hard way when I didn't eat before going for my walks. I was so hungry I couldn't wait to get home and have food. I didn't care what it was. Make some thing fast and eat.
When you exercise, blood is diverted away from your digestive system as your body focuses on the task at hand; your workout.
If you eat before exercising, the food will just sit there, sloshing about as you move, not digesting and making you feel miserable.
Another benefit of exercise first is your metabolism is geared towards working out. You will burn more calories on an empty stomach and will have a more productive session.
After cooling down and taking a shower, your appetite will return. You may be inspired at this point to have a healthier, protein rich breakfast as opposed to carbs to continue the trend of the day.
- How long after you get up do you eat breakfast?
- What are some healthy breakfasts for moms on the go?
- What do you eat when you’re on the run and can’t prepare breakfast?
- What do you do to vary your breakfast options?
- Do you have great make-ahead breakfasts?
- How do you avoid wanting carbs in the morning? I have strong cravings for bread/toast/bagels.
- How do you refrain from eating sugary cereals? Sometimes I have a craving for it, but I realize that it’s not the best thing for my body at the top of the morning.
- Any recipes for an amazing breakfast? I need more ideas.
- If you work early in the morning and commute to work, how quickly do you eat breakfast after waking up? How does this factor into your morning commute?
- Do you include vegetables in your breakfast?