i think a great breakfast item would be a rice cake with a fruit and peanut butter. They are really delicious and filling allowing your body enough energy to start your day
I would say something filling, like oats with bit of sugar, treat yourself, with a fruit any type, maybe a glass of water on the side and bacon for a bit of protein.
A great breakfast item for me would be actually eating breakfast so whether it be approaching shake or a bowl of cereal that's progress for me.
I think simple breakfasts are the best! Personally, when I first wake up I know that I don’t have either the time or the energy to actually put together and cook a breakfast. So things like apple slices, bananas, string cheese, beef jerky, etc all make for great quick breakfasts that pack a punch of energy. Try mixing and matching the listed items above!
I like making overnight oats using frozen fruit that defrosts overnight – that way you don't end up with moldy blueberries at the back of your fridge!
I could recommend oats. If you prepare it in a several different ways you won’t feel like you’re eating the same thing everyday
I always try to have a protein and a carb of some sort with breakfast! Eggs are always great. I do egg whites and Cheerios.
- How long after you get up do you eat breakfast?
- What are some healthy breakfasts for moms on the go?
- What do you eat when you’re on the run and can’t prepare breakfast?
- What do you do to vary your breakfast options?
- Do you have great make-ahead breakfasts?
- How do you avoid wanting carbs in the morning? I have strong cravings for bread/toast/bagels.
- How do you refrain from eating sugary cereals? Sometimes I have a craving for it, but I realize that it’s not the best thing for my body at the top of the morning.
- Any recipes for an amazing breakfast? I need more ideas.
- If you work early in the morning and commute to work, how quickly do you eat breakfast after waking up? How does this factor into your morning commute?
- Do you include vegetables in your breakfast?