I recently have started to prefer music, because it genuinely works well as a bit of a distraction from the pain, and a bit of relief from the boredom it sometimes entails. And a hard baseline at a certain bpm can always remind you to run at a certain tempo, which helps to keep the running pace from flagging as the run goes on. Then again, in the past, I used to run without music, and it's a different sensation. You can focus entirely on your body and how it feels, on the world around you, and that can be quite refreshing too. So I'd say run with music for speed and motivation, but run without once in a while for the experience.
Running with music helps to pass the time as well as add some form of enjoyment to something you would consider at times an obligation to some sort of goal as well as it makes your day a bit better listening to something that brings you joy and relaxation.
Always with music, or if I fancy more that day, with a podcast. Running for me gives me some time to reflect and enjoy the environment. Also happens (to me) that if I focus too much on the time, on how I feel physically, etc., I end up bored or tired earlier. With something to listen to, time passes faster and I can train for longer.
I think it's better to run with music because you can run with the rythm of the music and that helps you continue and not giving up.
- If I wake up late, what can I do to exercise and yet still reach my office on time?
- How do you get up and exercise in the morning?
- How do you stay motivated to exercise on days when you’re just exhausted and had a 12-hour shift at work?
- How do you stay fit and focused when your job is mainly sedentary?
- How do you stay fit and motivated when your job is sedentary?
- What kinds of exercises should I do as a beginner?
- How do you stick to an exercise regimen? I always start well and then let it slide.
- Can you suggest at home workouts for fat loss?
- How long do you usually exercise in the morning?
- Is there a habit that you have had a hard time keeping up? I think most people might say exercise. But, I have not been consistent with meditation no matter how many times I have started over. Truth be told, I fall asleep. Any suggestions on changing up how I do this? P.S. Time of day makes no difference. 😴