If you are constantly on your phone and always have it with you, then a journaling app may be a better fit for you; or, if you constantly make excuses to not use your physical journal (ie, I left it in the bedroom and I don’t wanna get up and get it) then there is no reason to force yourself to use it.
On the flip side, some may enjoy the feeling of using a physical journal: the act of writing; the feel and smell of the paper; the scratching of the pen on the paper; etc. Also, it is always good to disconnect from everything every once in a while, so a physical journal can help you accomplish a break from technology and the goal of journaling.
I’m of the opinion that using both is the best. Sometimes it is just easier to access your phone, so use that. Sometimes you need that five or ten minutes away from it all, so use a real journal and enjoy the feeling of it!
When I am typing on this comment it is not visible to what I am typing. Once I click to type my keyboard pops up in front of the screen hiding what I am typing. This makes it difficult to see what I am typing or editing. I have to back space to go to see what I am typing or editing.
Sometimes when editing I click by mistake the ok button because of the space between the comment line and the ok button are too close together.
Please let me know if I am understood or if you have any questions please contact me. My email is [email protected]
Thank you for your support.
- do you think it’s necessary to journal regularly?
- Do you write more about the day to day or your thoughts and contemplations?
- How has journaling helped you? Do you miss it when you dont do it?
- Have you noticed any changes or effects of being somewhat consistent with journaling brought about?
- How often do you journal?
- When you write do you focus on emotions, relations, or/and goals?
- What time of day feels more comfortable to write?
- What do you write and how long do you write for on average?
- How to find inspiration to write positive things when you had a tough day?
- What do you write in your journal and do you write everyday?