I have always used the same floss for both upper and lower teeth. However, while you are flossing you will want to move the floss between your fingers so you aren’t using the same small section each time.
If you use the on-the-go floss/picks then I would use one for the top and one for the bottom.
Yes I do….BUT… I use a long peice of floss, about an arms length. Then I floss between 2 teeth. When I’m finished between those first 2 teeth, I’ll move the floss to a clean, unused part. Then floss between the next 2 teeth. Always starting with a clean section of my floss.
I am not a dental hygienist, but I think so. I usually get a long piece of floss, wrap it around two fingers and after I’ve flossed my top teeth, I sort of adjust the floss so that a section I haven’t used can be used for my bottom teeth. I hope that helps! 🙂
Depends how long the strand is. My dental hygienist suggests only using a particular section of floss for 3 teeth. You can make it go further by rinding the gloss as you go.
Yes as long as it’s long enough of a piece to have a clean section for the top and bottom. It wastes less in the long run because of the length used to anchor it on the fingers.
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss
- How do you motivate yourself through the first days when flossing is painful?