I have mixed emotions. I'm glad to be taking better care of myself again. I used to pride myself on how well I took care of my teeth. Now that I can't afford regular dental checks and I lost a filling, I lost my give a hoot. Now my gums bleed everytime and feel sore and swollen after flossing. It's not encouraging, but I know in the long run it's the right choice for a healthy me.
A little background first, I never flossed. I’ve been going to the same dentist almost all my life and every time they checked my teeth I’d feel shame. I knew I should floss, been told to floss, and seen what a lack of flossing would cause. I didn’t care. This app lets me set a time to floss and I can get a picture of how a small thing can make me better. I don’t feel shame if I missed it I know there’s no judgment here just people saying be a better you, if not right now we’ll get there.
I feel clean. I have never flossed much, even as a kid. When I stick to this routine, I feel ready for bed and so accomplished and done with the day
I feel like that was it, that didn’t take too much time or effort, and I feel so accomplished in myself for take care of myself. I am prolonging the health of myself and my teeth. I am in control of my well-being and I have all the power to make a difference in my own life.
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss