I have mixed emotions. I'm glad to be taking better care of myself again. I used to pride myself on how well I took care of my teeth. Now that I can't afford regular dental checks and I lost a filling, I lost my give a hoot. Now my gums bleed everytime and feel sore and swollen after flossing. It's not encouraging, but I know in the long run it's the right choice for a healthy me.
- How many times a week are you meant to floss for?
- Flossing is such a chore to me. How can I change my thoughts towards doing it?
- What’s dental tape? How do you use it???
- Do any of you do oil pulling? How long have you done it for? Any thoughts on continuing to do it?
- How do you build the flossing habit? What do you connect it with?
A little background first, I never flossed. I’ve been going to the same dentist almost all my life and every time they checked my teeth I’d feel shame. I knew I should floss, been told to floss, and seen what a lack of flossing would cause. I didn’t care. This app lets me set a time to floss and I can get a picture of how a small thing can make me better. I don’t feel shame if I missed it I know there’s no judgment here just people saying be a better you, if not right now we’ll get there.
I feel like that was it, that didn’t take too much time or effort, and I feel so accomplished in myself for take care of myself. I am prolonging the health of myself and my teeth. I am in control of my well-being and I have all the power to make a difference in my own life.
Aliana Da costa
I feel clean. I have never flossed much, even as a kid. When I stick to this routine, I feel ready for bed and so accomplished and done with the day
- How long do you floss
- What kind of floss / flosser do you use?
- Do you guys wash the string for each teeth you floss or?
- How to do it properly?
- Do you floss at the same time every day?
- Do you start with your top teeth or bottom?
- How would I know I’m flossing effectively?
- How do you celebrate a flossing habit? Lol
- Do you floss regularly or is this a new habbit?
- How many times a day do you floss?