After you eat a meal because you don't want the food to sit in between your teeth. Food that sits in between your teeth causes cavities and bad breath overtime.
For me, it's at night during my night time routine. It gives me something to accomplish to end the day on a great note.
However, I think after supper would be the best for my teeth.
I usually floss in the evening, and if food gets thoroughly stuck, then directly after a meal. The reason is that while sleeping, the mouth usually dries, leading to less saliva for bacterial protection. Especially if you have starchy/sugary foods lodged in your teeth, these spots will lead to accelerated tooth decay.
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss