Yes! There has been links between heart health and more recently Brian health (Alzheimer's). A quick search will show up some of these studies 🙂
I know that flossing removes food particles that would otherwise(even after brushing) remain stuck between teeth and could cause a cavity in the long run. I hope this helped you!
While I can't quote sources, I'm sure there are proven benefits. Just look at all that crud stuck between your teeth if you haven't flossed for a while.
- Why do you avoid flossing?
- Is flossing my teeth every day too often?
- Are you flossing every night? It’s more important than you think.
- I know that this is more person to person, but would it help more to floss a while before going to bed, or right before?
- When should I floss?
- Does anyone worry about flossing too much?
- I am flossing intermittently. Looking for Ideas to keep consistent.
- How do you feel about water picks? Have you used them before?
- Any particular flossing technique I need to know?
- How long do you usually floss per day?