Yes – whatever gets you flossing! Of course, having a dentist look at your teeth on a regular basis means they can tell you if the dental picks are doing a good enough job of keeping cavities at bay 🙂
- Is there a good and bad way to floss?
- Does showering with cold water offer any significant benefits compared to its risks?
- What tool do you use for flossing and how wasteful is it? I use some rubber toothpicks myself, and some string on fork picks, but would like to find a less wasteful solution.
- Which brand do you like most? Do you floss once or twice a day? Day or night?
- Are there indicators if you’ve flossed well? How do you fix receding gums?
Absolutely, as long as you’re still following the same practices you would utilize with traditional floss, getting at all of the angles of the spaces in between your teeth.
My dentist said "awesome" because there was a great improvement in my teeth and gums using the floss picks regularly rather than ordinary floss not so often.
I used floss picks for a while because I found them easier to manoeuvre in my mouth, but they're incredibly wasteful. They seemed to do as good of a job as floss tapes… Responsibly manufactured floss or pickers are better from an environmental perspective, but finding something that creates less waste by being reusable is best – I chose a water flosser and I find that it works incredibly well – better than traditional tape or picks – and even came with instructions for how to dismantle it into the various parts for recycling.
I am no Dentist but I am related to a dental hygenist and she uses a combination of traditional at home and picks on the go. I would say if you are more comfortable with picks the the. You are just fine using them.
My dentist said it was just as effective to use the floss picks as the regular floss string. Though I should add, I alternate using them with a waterpik.
- What do you prefer traditional floss or water picks?
- Is it really helpfull to have the floss habit?
- what is perfect method for floss?
- What tools are the best to clean the teeth with a lot of dental fillings?
- How do you motivate yourself to floss everyday?
- What’s the best way to preform flossing your teeth?
- How often should a person be flossing their teeth
- How do you floss without making your gum bleed too badly? I can’t seem to do it right haha
- How to do a good floss?
- how have you fallen into habit, i can not master it