Absolutely, as long as you’re still following the same practices you would utilize with traditional floss, getting at all of the angles of the spaces in between your teeth.
My dentist said "awesome" because there was a great improvement in my teeth and gums using the floss picks regularly rather than ordinary floss not so often.
I am no Dentist but I am related to a dental hygenist and she uses a combination of traditional at home and picks on the go. I would say if you are more comfortable with picks the the. You are just fine using them.
My dentist said it was just as effective to use the floss picks as the regular floss string. Though I should add, I alternate using them with a waterpik.
M Lissa Y.
Yes – whatever gets you flossing! Of course, having a dentist look at your teeth on a regular basis means they can tell you if the dental picks are doing a good enough job of keeping cavities at bay 🙂
No Lie O.
I used floss picks for a while because I found them easier to manoeuvre in my mouth, but they're incredibly wasteful. They seemed to do as good of a job as floss tapes… Responsibly manufactured floss or pickers are better from an environmental perspective, but finding something that creates less waste by being reusable is best – I chose a water flosser and I find that it works incredibly well – better than traditional tape or picks – and even came with instructions for how to dismantle it into the various parts for recycling.
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss
- How do you motivate yourself through the first days when flossing is painful?