Leftover food will attract bacteria.
Bacteria will cause bad breath, swollen gums and possible health problems.
Please take care of your teeth before you go to the dentist because your mouth is too sore to chew.
Flossing also makes you open your mouth wide, which also happens to be another way to get better digestion and perhaps let out a burp your body wasn't able to release, after eating.
It's one of the good habits that healthy people manage as self care.
teeth. I think the idea of flossing is to clean between your teeth.it would prevent plaque buildup I surmise. Why do you need to?. You dont, but you can.
bacteria I guess also. I hate having my teeth cleaned they feel all gappy I'd rather have them cemented together with tartar
Plus, I have lupus and flossing hurts! I need to keep a routine. I need to make a change and I will make a change in my life!
Not only prevents this cavities but gives you a good breath.
And you have 2 minutes to just do nothing else then floss.
Al so improves you general mouth health and prevent bad breath.
I also feel more rested in the morning after flossing which is weird but true. No matter how late I sleep if I floss I usually feel more awake the next morning: it is also good to have flossing in my evening routine so I build the habit
Flossing can prevent plaque buildup and periodontitis. Plaque causes inflammation and irritation of the gums, causing the gums to recede and more of your tooth will be exposed. Also, studies have shown that oral plaque is associated with inflammation throughout the body, which is bad in a lot of ways. Inflammation decreases brain function and increases the risk of developing arterial plaque which can break off and cause a stroke, heart attack, and even death.
But tooth brushing is enough for some people. It depends on genetics, diet, and the quality of water in your area. Next time you get a cleaning, ask if your gums look ok. And if you’ve never had any cavities, then maybe brushing and mouth wash is enough for you.
As the gum disease progresses, your gum becomes more inflamed. Once the disease is serious, it begins to eat away at the jawbone itself. This is irreversible and very bad foe your long term health.
So that’s why!
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss
- How do you motivate yourself through the first days when flossing is painful?