I try and try again. I take baby steps if I have to. If I come across a situation that I recognize I can make the right decision, I try to take that opportunity while I have the mental strength to.
I think the answer lies in mindfulness and goal/body awareness. If the item or thing that is a distraction to you is taking you further away from your goals, then you have to prioritise what you really want and remember your goals to keep you on track.
I’m certainly no expert! Fabulous gives me inspiration, accountability and reward (when I get to tap the checkbox for each item accomplished). For me, those three things are super important and help me keep up the self-discipline!
I don’t! I completely have to interpret not eating or drinking poorly, and going to bed early as pleasing. As things that help me few good. No discipline here, working on building it but it’s slow going. I have to know in my heart I’ll be more happy with the choice I make.
Mostly I'm just tired of feeling like my life sucks and every time I don't want to do something I remind myself that I'm the only one who can make it better.
I use a journal at the end of the day to reflect on what detailed me and how much of a role I played in any unmet goals or unperformed actions.
Hans Wolfgang X.
I don’t think a lot of people lack discipline. I think they lack accountability. The discipline is there because that is what urges you to create the habit. The accountability is what keeps it continually happening.
There's always ups and downs in what you do. Some days you may be a bit more receptive and others not so much. But the important thing is to put in the best effort you can in each moment. Consistency is what creates life long habits. So even if you can't commit a lot of time still try to do as much as you can. Eventually they will be second nature and you will wonder why doing these things was even difficult
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss