Tape is recommended when people have wider-than-average spacesbetween their teeth. The floss may not get around the gums well and remove food particles. Waxed floss can be easier to slide between closely spaced teeth. Unwaxed floss will squeak against cleaned teeth, indicating plaque has been removed. I use waxed floss and a waterpik.
- What’s dental tape? How do you use it???
- What do you use to floss?
- How do you keep motivated when it is uncomfortable or painful at times to floss? Know I need to do it, but it’s easy to avoid due to its tediousness and discomfort.
- Do you think that stick floss creates more waste (especially plastic) compared to string floss?
- Should you floss once a day or more?
Depending on the space between your teeth, you might use floss for closely-spaced teeth and tapes for teeth with wider space between them.
Hey there. It depends on how tightly your teeth are spaced and if you have crowns. Tape glides more easily between teeth and requires less ‘scrubbing’ but I find floss is easier to get into hard to reach places. So in my opinion floss wins but remember to be gentle and pull through instead of up when cleaning between teeth with crowns.
According to my dentist, it makes no difference whether you use floss or tape, unwaxed or waxed, flavored or not. The most important thing is that you're flossing at all. That being said, I personally prefer unwaxed mint flavored floss because I have a fairly small mouth & tape tends to feel too wide to me; also tape is generally plastic whereas I can get cotton or other fibrous floss, which seems to me like it would clean better because it has a scrubbier surface. However, since it's all psychosomatic anyway & all that matters is doing it, I think I'll stick with the unwaxed mint floss.
I use floss. I am not familiar with tape. My goal is to undertake flossing the last thing before bed, and after brushing. Feels wonderful!
I’ve never used tape! I can tell you that flossing has made a big difference in the health of my gums and those are results that takes only a day or two to see!
Hey! Every country has their own practices. I find better the tape, some use the toothpick. It depends on your interdental spaces too. However you feel it does the job!
Depends. If there is more space between your teeth then maybe the tape is better suited for you teeth. Is your teeth overlap and/or are very close together, then floss is the better option.
- What do you prefer traditional floss or water picks?
- Is it really helpfull to have the floss habit?
- what is perfect method for floss?
- What tools are the best to clean the teeth with a lot of dental fillings?
- How do you motivate yourself to floss everyday?
- What’s the best way to preform flossing your teeth?
- How often should a person be flossing their teeth
- How do you floss without making your gum bleed too badly? I can’t seem to do it right haha
- How to do a good floss?
- how have you fallen into habit, i can not master it