Depending on the space between your teeth, you might use floss for closely-spaced teeth and tapes for teeth with wider space between them.
Hey! Every country has their own practices. I find better the tape, some use the toothpick. It depends on your interdental spaces too. However you feel it does the job!
I’ve never used tape! I can tell you that flossing has made a big difference in the health of my gums and those are results that takes only a day or two to see!
Depends. If there is more space between your teeth then maybe the tape is better suited for you teeth. Is your teeth overlap and/or are very close together, then floss is the better option.
Cl A O.
According to my dentist, it makes no difference whether you use floss or tape, unwaxed or waxed, flavored or not. The most important thing is that you're flossing at all. That being said, I personally prefer unwaxed mint flavored floss because I have a fairly small mouth & tape tends to feel too wide to me; also tape is generally plastic whereas I can get cotton or other fibrous floss, which seems to me like it would clean better because it has a scrubbier surface. However, since it's all psychosomatic anyway & all that matters is doing it, I think I'll stick with the unwaxed mint floss.
Hey there. It depends on how tightly your teeth are spaced and if you have crowns. Tape glides more easily between teeth and requires less ‘scrubbing’ but I find floss is easier to get into hard to reach places. So in my opinion floss wins but remember to be gentle and pull through instead of up when cleaning between teeth with crowns.
Tape is recommended when people have wider-than-average spacesbetween their teeth. The floss may not get around the gums well and remove food particles. Waxed floss can be easier to slide between closely spaced teeth. Unwaxed floss will squeak against cleaned teeth, indicating plaque has been removed. I use waxed floss and a waterpik.
I use floss. I am not familiar with tape. My goal is to undertake flossing the last thing before bed, and after brushing. Feels wonderful!
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss