Emotionally, I don’t have easy, affordable access to dental care where I live, so it gives me an empowered peace of mind that I am taking care of my teeth. I worry about losing my teeth one day, and this is also a luxury for me to be able to take care of myself as a form of self-love and appreciation for my body. I had issues with flossing, if I flossed or brushed my teeth in the morning, it used to cause me to be sick for over half of my life, and only recently has that issue been resolved. As a result, between either vomiting (horrible for teeth) or avoiding brushing, my oral health is awful, for my age. So being able to take care of my smile and teeth properly is starting to be something I enjoy, and it’s definitely something I appreciate being able to do, without difficulties. After a few days, I improved my technique and it stopped being uncomfortable and bleeding or “pink in the sink” has reduced drastically. I highly reccomend taking it up. Also in the UK, where I live, it’s not as common a practice and I notice that people who haven’t had the same education and access to dental hygiene get dentures far more frequently than in the part of the US that I come from, and also spend ridiculous sums to get dental cosmetic surgery to remedy tooth loss or decay. I’d like to avoid that issue in my life.
The long term results are very beneficial. Your mouth feels closer to that clean feeling you get from the dentist and your breath is less likely to smell bad. Helps with overall cleanliness and betters the condition of your teeth and gums.
Ever since I got braces and HAD to floss, it has made me take pride in taking better care of my teeth and gives me a boost in my self confidence.
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss