Bal Zs X.
I’m a software engineer, and I have to do occasional on-call shifts. On those days I keep my phone in my bedroom. I’m not sure if you can do it as well, but I cut all notifications, except the ones coming from our alerting system (one specific phone number and one specific application)
I think there best way is to reduce the apps on your phone. Most things can be done with a browser (use the bookmarks widget to quickly access common pages). If simplicity is your goal over commit to it. Give 110%. That extra 10% can come from a lot of places but one easy thing is to use only one home screen and keep you background simple too, like 3 colors max. Good luck friend.
Hello there! You have an option of "Do Not Disturb" in your phone. Make sure you set it in such a way that only your calls and alarms can disturb you from time to time automatically. Secondly, make sure to switch off your internet and there you go. You are now all set to be Fabulous once again! Cya!
- What’s your best (fastest) way of getting out of your own head?
- How do I disconnect?
- When do you start the Disconnect habit before you go to bed? 10 min, 1 hour…?
- How and what do you feel during the time between disconnecting and going to bed?
- I love to play music before sleeping and usually is on my cellphone. What would you suggest to do instead?
- Do you disconnected from everything? What if somebody texts you?
- How can you be indifferent about all the things happening around the world and do not check the news daily?
- What time should I start winding down? I usually go to bed around 9 pm.
- Does disconnecting for the night help?
- How can I create a routine that doesn’t get boring willing time?