Bal Zs X.
I’m a software engineer, and I have to do occasional on-call shifts. On those days I keep my phone in my bedroom. I’m not sure if you can do it as well, but I cut all notifications, except the ones coming from our alerting system (one specific phone number and one specific application)
I think there best way is to reduce the apps on your phone. Most things can be done with a browser (use the bookmarks widget to quickly access common pages). If simplicity is your goal over commit to it. Give 110%. That extra 10% can come from a lot of places but one easy thing is to use only one home screen and keep you background simple too, like 3 colors max. Good luck friend.
Hello there! You have an option of "Do Not Disturb" in your phone. Make sure you set it in such a way that only your calls and alarms can disturb you from time to time automatically. Secondly, make sure to switch off your internet and there you go. You are now all set to be Fabulous once again! Cya!
- How do you success at avoiding your phone? How do you manage to break the addiction?
- How do you replace your screen time at bedtime? As a mom, sometimes after their bedtime is the only time I get to myself. It’s hard to use that time to wind down and go to sleep when it’s the only “me” time I have.
- How do you stay away from your phone ?
- What is the most effective way to unplug and disconnect for you?
- What do you do when you remember something you need to look up on the internet or someone you need to connect with, after you’ve put your devices away for the night?
- I get really anxious not having my phone next to me when I fall asleep. How have you worked through that?
- What are some of your most favorite ways to disconnect/ unplug? How would you make such a mudane task really fun for yourself?.
- Do you sometimes get anxious when you disconnect? How do you wind down from feeling anxiety about putting the phone away?
- I assume the purpose of unplug and disconnect is to calm yourself and avoiding distractions. I usually read my Kindle book for less than one hour after unplug and disconnect. Does it against the habit?
- How should I be calm about all the messages I can miss ?