Try to do it in front a mirror and before you start watch the poses so you can have an idea what it’s coming next but most important while you are doing pay attention to your breathing and listen to your body.
Try to listen to your body's cues. And try not to focus on how far the stretch goes but let your body naturally fall deeper as your proceed over time.
When you are stretching, aim fore the slight pain in your muscles. Feel them pull and contract. If what you feel is a sore or sharp pain, than you are probably doing some things wrong.
I learned from an orthopedist that every movement is good for your body. I always look at it this way: do I still feel good inside while doing it? Does this pain feel goods for me. Your body can answer all the questions if you let it. 😊
- What are the best stretches and exercises to improve flexibility?
- Has anyone ever experienced heel pain as a result of stretching?
- What areas of the body you focus more when stretching?
- Where in your morning routine do you place stretching?
- Which stretch excercises are best for the lower back?
- What are some go-to arm stretches?
- How do you remember to stretch at work?
- Whats your favorite stretch/ yoga pose/ exercise that gets you limber?
- What stretches do you use to become more flexible?
- How do you stretch your legs