Towards the end of the day about an hour or so before bed, would be the best time to stretch. After a hot shower/bath, when your muscles are loose, stretching can relieve whatever tension or tightness is left in your body.
- How do you find ways to step out of your comfort zone?
- How do you motivate yourself to stretch instead of sleeping, and are you more flexible after a certain amount of time?
- What do you include in your stretching routine?
- How long do you stretch?
- How do you really get into your deep work? I can’t seem to focus. Can you help me? What are your tips?
I think it is recommended to stretch when you wake up when you go to sleep and before/after a workout. How long just depends on the person but I'd say 5 minute minimum.
I prefer to stretch in the morning, right after I wake up and in the evening for one to five minutes. My morning stretches help me to think about the day and what I am going to do while my evening stretches help me to decharge the stress of the day.
I’m not sure what /time/ of day is /best/. Depends on your goal probably. I’d suggest in the morning though. Try holding each position for 30 seconds, gradually increase (at your own pace) to more like 1.5-2 minutes. 😊
I’m not very regimented and will stretch for a few minutes at a time whenever I can during the day. I figure a little here and there is better than not at all 🙂
Stretching is great first thing in the morning and after prolonged periods in one position. I don’t understand the question about how long a day.
In my opinion Stretching for me is preferably done in the mornings so that I am able to feel relaxed and ready for the day ahead of me.
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?