I always stretch my hamstrings as those are the tightest! Stretching them both at the same time by leaning down towards my toes, and then stretching each one individually by raising it onto a bench and leaning forward. I also find foam rolling to be a great help!
First before i get out of bed I strech my legs and pop my anckles. Then I pop my toes and do forward and backward arm circles. I also pull one of my arms to the oppisite side and hold it then do it to the other arm. Another strech that I normally do is twist my shoulders back and forth to try and pop then and loosen my shoulders and back.
I googled morning stretches and picked a site/article that showed me 5 basic stretches; side stretch with arm over the top, a stretch that is holding the sitting position, the good old touch your toes (or as close as you can get), a reverse lunge with backward arm stretch and lying on the floor taking one leg up and over to the opposite side. I then added a few others so a lower neck stretch into childs pose (I think that's what it's called) and some arm stretches. These give pretty much all my body a little stretch.
Static Holds, Deep Breath Stretches, Foundation Training Stretches, Back, Shoulder, Neck, Thoracic, Lumbar, Ham Strings, Calfs, Hips, Gluts, Full side stretches.
I do stretches that wake up my muscles. I like them to stretch my whole body making me feel big. I also do a lot of flexibility stretching to make me more energetic and enthusiastic about getting more flexible each day.
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?