Static Holds, Deep Breath Stretches, Foundation Training Stretches, Back, Shoulder, Neck, Thoracic, Lumbar, Ham Strings, Calfs, Hips, Gluts, Full side stretches.
First before i get out of bed I strech my legs and pop my anckles. Then I pop my toes and do forward and backward arm circles. I also pull one of my arms to the oppisite side and hold it then do it to the other arm. Another strech that I normally do is twist my shoulders back and forth to try and pop then and loosen my shoulders and back.
I do stretches that wake up my muscles. I like them to stretch my whole body making me feel big. I also do a lot of flexibility stretching to make me more energetic and enthusiastic about getting more flexible each day.
I always stretch my hamstrings as those are the tightest! Stretching them both at the same time by leaning down towards my toes, and then stretching each one individually by raising it onto a bench and leaning forward. I also find foam rolling to be a great help!
I googled morning stretches and picked a site/article that showed me 5 basic stretches; side stretch with arm over the top, a stretch that is holding the sitting position, the good old touch your toes (or as close as you can get), a reverse lunge with backward arm stretch and lying on the floor taking one leg up and over to the opposite side. I then added a few others so a lower neck stretch into childs pose (I think that's what it's called) and some arm stretches. These give pretty much all my body a little stretch.
- How has stretching helped you?
- What motivates you to stretch each day?
- Should I have a handful of stretches I keep on repeat or try new ones (more or less) everyday?
- how can you make yourself more flexible by stretching?
- Shoulder pain around blade. How do I stretch that out?
- How can you make your back more flexible?
- When is the best time for stretching? In the morning when all muscles are stiff or in the evening?
- What stretches do you find most helpful/useful?
- What are some stretches to be more flexible?
- I want to be better about stretching! How can I better incorporate this into my day?