Static Holds, Deep Breath Stretches, Foundation Training Stretches, Back, Shoulder, Neck, Thoracic, Lumbar, Ham Strings, Calfs, Hips, Gluts, Full side stretches.
First before i get out of bed I strech my legs and pop my anckles. Then I pop my toes and do forward and backward arm circles. I also pull one of my arms to the oppisite side and hold it then do it to the other arm. Another strech that I normally do is twist my shoulders back and forth to try and pop then and loosen my shoulders and back.
I do stretches that wake up my muscles. I like them to stretch my whole body making me feel big. I also do a lot of flexibility stretching to make me more energetic and enthusiastic about getting more flexible each day.
I always stretch my hamstrings as those are the tightest! Stretching them both at the same time by leaning down towards my toes, and then stretching each one individually by raising it onto a bench and leaning forward. I also find foam rolling to be a great help!
I googled morning stretches and picked a site/article that showed me 5 basic stretches; side stretch with arm over the top, a stretch that is holding the sitting position, the good old touch your toes (or as close as you can get), a reverse lunge with backward arm stretch and lying on the floor taking one leg up and over to the opposite side. I then added a few others so a lower neck stretch into childs pose (I think that's what it's called) and some arm stretches. These give pretty much all my body a little stretch.
- What types of stretches do you do in the morning (if any)? Do you have a few recommendations that really work for you?
- Do you bounce or hold your stretch?
- What are good ways to stretch your feet and hands?
- Do prefer to stretch before sleeping or when you wake up?
- Is it best to stretch in the morning or before bed?
- What is your favorite way to stretch your neck?
- Dose any one have a really good stretching routine, because I would really like one but I have not found any really good ones that I can do at home.
- Name three sensations other than the physical burn you love about getting your stretch on?
- Bounce or no bounce in your stretch?
- What kind of stretches would you recommend for someone who has very limited mobility in their joints/overweight/unfit etc…