Static Holds, Deep Breath Stretches, Foundation Training Stretches, Back, Shoulder, Neck, Thoracic, Lumbar, Ham Strings, Calfs, Hips, Gluts, Full side stretches.
First before i get out of bed I strech my legs and pop my anckles. Then I pop my toes and do forward and backward arm circles. I also pull one of my arms to the oppisite side and hold it then do it to the other arm. Another strech that I normally do is twist my shoulders back and forth to try and pop then and loosen my shoulders and back.
I do stretches that wake up my muscles. I like them to stretch my whole body making me feel big. I also do a lot of flexibility stretching to make me more energetic and enthusiastic about getting more flexible each day.
I always stretch my hamstrings as those are the tightest! Stretching them both at the same time by leaning down towards my toes, and then stretching each one individually by raising it onto a bench and leaning forward. I also find foam rolling to be a great help!
I googled morning stretches and picked a site/article that showed me 5 basic stretches; side stretch with arm over the top, a stretch that is holding the sitting position, the good old touch your toes (or as close as you can get), a reverse lunge with backward arm stretch and lying on the floor taking one leg up and over to the opposite side. I then added a few others so a lower neck stretch into childs pose (I think that's what it's called) and some arm stretches. These give pretty much all my body a little stretch.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?