Since the shoulder blades are bones I wouldn’t recommend stretching them. Instead focus on the musculature. More specifically, the rhomboids. Sit or stand with the right hand extended completely in front of the shoulder. Reach the right hand across the body toward the opposite shoulder. Grab the right upper arm with the left hand allowing the right elbow to bend. Breathe deeply in and out while holding this position for 30 seconds. Repeat on the other side. I feel it necessary to note that many people search for stretching when strengthening is what is needed. Here is a simple exercise for increasing strength in the entire back with emphasis on the shoulder blades. Lay face down with your hands holding a pole (a broom handle works great) just at the glutes. Lift the pole slightly, lift your chest slightly and push the shoulder blades together. Rest. Repeat for a total of 6 reps. Then do two more sets of 6.
- What are effective stretches for reducing belly fat?
- Does anybody have any tips on increasing your lung capacity and improving blood circulation in the body?
- At what time do you like to meditate?
- Anyone know of a good morning stretch routine and a good night stretch routine?
- What stretches can help with stiffness of the lower back?
I don’t know how to stretch my back and shoulder blades safely. I only know that in general you should not stretch to the point of feeling pain.
I like to count to ten for my stretches and take deep breaths.
One arm across the front, then count while breathing. Switch arms.
I usually stretch side ways pulling one hand down the out side of my leg the other bringing over top of my head and reaching as far as I can in either direction
- Does it get easier to get back up after stretching on the floor?
- I would like stretching exercises or recommendations that could be done in an office setting or even safely while driving or in an area with minimal space?
- Are there fast and easy stretches anyone knows?
- Does stretching make you more flexible?
- Stretches for hump back/text neck?
- Good stretches for lower back?
- Do you warm up before stretching?
- Why is it neck pain can be so easily reduced with regular stretching and yet it’s so often ignored?
- How do you guys manage to do the same routines every day?!? I have school on weekdays from 7 to 2:30 then on Monday’s and Thursday’s I have karate and on Tuesdays and Thursday’s I have drama club and volleyball on Fridays. My schedule changes daily so it’s really hard for me to establish a solid routine. Can you help? Thanks a million, xoxo
- Do you have the same stretching routine every day or do you focus on different areas each day?