Since the shoulder blades are bones I wouldn’t recommend stretching them. Instead focus on the musculature. More specifically, the rhomboids. Sit or stand with the right hand extended completely in front of the shoulder. Reach the right hand across the body toward the opposite shoulder. Grab the right upper arm with the left hand allowing the right elbow to bend. Breathe deeply in and out while holding this position for 30 seconds. Repeat on the other side. I feel it necessary to note that many people search for stretching when strengthening is what is needed. Here is a simple exercise for increasing strength in the entire back with emphasis on the shoulder blades. Lay face down with your hands holding a pole (a broom handle works great) just at the glutes. Lift the pole slightly, lift your chest slightly and push the shoulder blades together. Rest. Repeat for a total of 6 reps. Then do two more sets of 6.
- Fellow fabulous members what if us app users are just children and can not do most of the challenges???
- Any advice for stretching hamstrings?
- If your lower back is sore, what stretch exercise do you still keep doing?
- What exercises can I do after waking up (jumping, kicking, and stretching, etc.) in order to get rid of sleepiness? Will martial art training help?
- How can I be less tired in the morning?
I don’t know how to stretch my back and shoulder blades safely. I only know that in general you should not stretch to the point of feeling pain.
I like to count to ten for my stretches and take deep breaths.
One arm across the front, then count while breathing. Switch arms.
I usually stretch side ways pulling one hand down the out side of my leg the other bringing over top of my head and reaching as far as I can in either direction
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?