Stretch each leg by flexing the muscles of each legs and stretch each foot by pressing the toe then the heal toward the floor. Stretch the arms overhead and out toward the side press them away from you. Stretch the neck by drawing large then small circles with your nose. Stretch the back by pressing toward the back of the chair.
You can raise your arms up high, reach as far as you can to stretch all the muscle from your belly up. Then try some twisting movements to work for the sides. Don’t forget to stretch your neck, front, back, left, right, four directions, you can gently use your hands to keep your head on one side to stretch a little more.
I touch my fingers of hands with the feet. I also meet both hands upward and behind the Back. I touch left hand with the right thumb of feet and right hand with the left thumb of feet.
You can stretch your torso by twisting to the right and the left. You can cross an arm over your chest and do the same on the other side. You can lift up and straighten out your legs, you can point and flex your toes either with your feet on the ground or in the air. You can bend over and touch your toes. You can lift your hands above your head and lean to one side and then the other. You can slowly turn your neck side to side, up and down. There are many things you can do sitting down, get creative!
Arms above head as high as you can, out to sides, twist your thorax so looking behind you, in both directions, lean left and right to stretch your sides, extend legs individually concentrating on stretching different muscles.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?