Stretch each leg by flexing the muscles of each legs and stretch each foot by pressing the toe then the heal toward the floor. Stretch the arms overhead and out toward the side press them away from you. Stretch the neck by drawing large then small circles with your nose. Stretch the back by pressing toward the back of the chair.
You can raise your arms up high, reach as far as you can to stretch all the muscle from your belly up. Then try some twisting movements to work for the sides. Don’t forget to stretch your neck, front, back, left, right, four directions, you can gently use your hands to keep your head on one side to stretch a little more.
I touch my fingers of hands with the feet. I also meet both hands upward and behind the Back. I touch left hand with the right thumb of feet and right hand with the left thumb of feet.
You can stretch your torso by twisting to the right and the left. You can cross an arm over your chest and do the same on the other side. You can lift up and straighten out your legs, you can point and flex your toes either with your feet on the ground or in the air. You can bend over and touch your toes. You can lift your hands above your head and lean to one side and then the other. You can slowly turn your neck side to side, up and down. There are many things you can do sitting down, get creative!
Arms above head as high as you can, out to sides, twist your thorax so looking behind you, in both directions, lean left and right to stretch your sides, extend legs individually concentrating on stretching different muscles.
- How has stretching helped you?
- What motivates you to stretch each day?
- Should I have a handful of stretches I keep on repeat or try new ones (more or less) everyday?
- how can you make yourself more flexible by stretching?
- Shoulder pain around blade. How do I stretch that out?
- How can you make your back more flexible?
- When is the best time for stretching? In the morning when all muscles are stiff or in the evening?
- What stretches do you find most helpful/useful?
- What are some stretches to be more flexible?
- I want to be better about stretching! How can I better incorporate this into my day?