Shoulders: cat/cow stretch, wall assisted stretch and I throw in the chest stretch too. Hips: forward bend, tree pose, laying down. I do the twists and knees bent feet touching for those hip flexors. Glutes: standing leg stretching and downward dog.
Have you tried foam rolling? Rolling helps massage and work the muscles to straighten knots and contusions. Hurts so good and I love it.
Looking for a yoga routine on YouTube or other internet sources will help you find something you're looking for. Try a few different routines and see what you find that works for you.
I do a pose that looks like a seal! For my stomach when it’s tight. My shoulders I juts use my arms. Anyways hopefully this is helpful
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?