Maybe for like a minute or 2. It depends on the stretch. If I’m doing a middle split stretch, then I maybe hold it for one or two.
I stretch in 5 different positions. Arms straight above my head is for a count of 10. Straight out to the side, front and back, a count of 5. Shoulders up and down, front and back a couple of times. For a leg stretch, bend and touch my toes and reach behind my ankles. Also, stretch and circle my feet and ankles.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?