Downward dog yoga position, slowly rotating/rolling your neck 360 degrees. Start with chin down to chest, imagine rolling chin to right ear, then roll chin up to the ceiling, then roll over to the left ear, and finally roll back down to chest. Repeat slowly at least 3 times, or until tightness has diminished.
Well I try to move my head right and left, up and down and then I make a circle. After that I move my shoulders up and down. That is what works sometimes for me!
Draw the head back and up, as though a string is attached to your head and being pulled up towards the ceiling. Relax and repeat gently and slowly 5 times. Next, again draw your head back and up then roll your neck vertebrae by vertebrae down until your chin is close to your chest. Roll it back up to the original position. Relax and repeat 5 times 🙂
Bow tie pose, interlace fingers at the base of your spine, allow the elbows to drop forward, and round your spine. Gently sway side to side
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?