I do a series of stretches that. I have on an old Angela Lansbury videotape -which shows you how long I have had it. It starts with neck & shoulder rolls which loosen up my back in the morning. Then a couple of shoulder shrugs & neck rolls get the kinks out. When you’re my age kinks are a big deal in the morning. Then some overhead stretches give me the feeling I am embracing the day. And when you live alone in a lockdown situation, starting the day with a sense of joy & a modicum of anticipation can mean the difference between feeling self pity or the satisfaction of accomplishing something good. Back stretches follow which listen me up & then some slow motion movements for my feet. I battle with neuropathy & this just feels so good.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?