I look at my ongoing wish list and compare it to my urgent/important list. Usually there Is crossover so i choose things i normally put off and want to do, but where there’s an immediate benefit (ie: grant applications or contests or topical writing based on current events…. ) this helps me stay motivated. If nothing super urgent fits I pick that which is closest to being finished and do that. Sometimes I also look at good ideas I want to turn into art/film- and give them time just so they don’t get shelved.
- I am struggling to maintain my work habit at the same hour, do you have any tips?
- How do you keep up with Fabulous?
- What if you don’t have any big tasks to complete during the deep work session, what if you have lots of small tasks?
- Do you reward yourself for completing deep work?
- I have found that it’s difficult to complete the deep work habit as mindfully as the earlier tasks like water, breakfast, and exercise. I guess blocking distractions is a big part of getting this to be a more regular part of my routine but do you have any other suggestions so that I might complete this task more regularly?
- I prefer longer deep work sessions because I have read Cal Newport’s book Deep Work” . How do you customize the time and length of the deep work sessions?
- Do you try to tackle multiple small tasks or one large task during your deep work?
- My deep work is my secret project and I am my secret project to grow and heal. What are some ideas for other areas of deep work that could help me on my secret mission?
- What space do you set aside for yourself to do deep work?
- How do you get motivated to do something you have to do but dread doing??
- I feel like I have got used to the habit of distraction, especially when my phone is bymyside. Shall I leave it somewhere out of reach or try not be distracted while keeping it bymyside?
- What techniques do you use to build deep work habit?
- What do you do if you feel you’re working on something that might not be correct. As in writing an assignment but feel like you’re are doing it wrong or could work more productively?
- What is deep work really help to improve your life, how your feel?
- Do you ever get tempted by distractions ?