With lots of pillows! I have hip pain so I make sure that I am fully supported in whatever position is comfortable at the time (usually legs crossed or one leg extended) and I let my body relax into position so that it doesn't start hurting and distract from my focus.
Most of the time i meditate right before falling asleep so i lay down in my bed flat on my back and follow a guided mediation. Other times i sit up with my back straight.
- What is meditation for you? What else do you experience as if meditating? Is meditation a specific activity?
- What meditation is the most beneficial when you’re new to meditation?
- Do you vary your times, or meditate more than once?
- What time of day do you most like to meditate?
- What’s your best meditation experience to date?
- How do you manage to concentrate and not be disturbed by noise and other thoughts while meditating?
- What do you observe while meditating? What is on your mind?
- Have you seen any conscious changes in your daily routines? If so what are they?
- Is it wrong to meditate while lying down?
- How “deep” does one go into meditation? I feel that I stay quite aware of my surroundings. Is this OK?