1. Drink water. – 1 min
2. Brush teeth – 2 mins
3. Dress for workout – 5 mins
4. Walk dogs – 20 mins
5. Run – 45 mins
6. Shower – 15 mins
7. Dress – 10 mins
8. Coffee/Breakfast – 10 mins
9. Journal – 10 mins
10. Drive to Work – 25 mins
So, back planning from when I need to be at work, give me the time I have to wake. That wake up time drives when I need to go to bed to get sufficient rest.
It doesn’t matter if the times are exact. Sometimes, it will take a little more time for some items, or sometimes it may take less. The point is to have some idea of what to do and keep moving thru the process. There may be kids that require attention instead of dogs. Doesn’t matter. Just plan what you want to do, give yourself time to do those things, and keep moving.
The list should have a “flow” of moving in a logical direction, so you don’t have to remember so much. It will just follow from one step to another.
Whenever possible, get stuff ready the night before. Pick outfits. Put out clothes. Decide what to eat. Just avoid wasting time looking for what you need to workout or wear to work. That way, you can focus on your workout and have a clear mind.
First things first, the night before, choose your workout, have it open in your app, and get out everything you need for the workout. I choose low intensity workouts for the morning so I don’t usually need anything. I set my first alarm for 8:55am with a relaxing song I really like. I listen to the whole song without looking at my phone so I can calmly greet the morning. Then I drink some water and open my workout app. The workout I chose should already be there and ready to go. You can go as long as you want but I try to do at least 10 minutes. You really don’t need a long workout in the morning, I promise. Just fit your schedule! But the secret is being able to wake up earlier and slowly somyou don’t jolt your body and make yourself tired.
It’s giving more energy.
And best time for it is, morning.
Make morning only for workout and healthy breakfast🤙🤙
I can’t really explain the drive I have right now to change. Maybe it’s the slow progress. But I definitely see how I have not been taking care of my body. I have over indulged. So now is the time of under indulgence, and eventually I will come to balance and be able to enjoy and not deprive myself of some small luxuries.
- What are some healthy breakfast options?
- How do you keep motivated to practice a habit when there is someone who pokes fun at you?
- Any ideas for exercises that I can do in the morning in the bathroom before taking a shower?
- How do you make the exercise feel good, and not feel like a chore? Even if it’s just for 5 minutes in the morning.
- Does anyone have any suggestions for routines? Apps you use or how you make up your own?
- I see the app working for me. I am now recommending it to every person looking for a way to break a bad habit. What are some ways you’ve motivated your peers to build better habits with you?
- How do you not fall asleep when trying to meditate first thing in the morning?
- Where do you run into trouble when trying to keep an excercise habit up? How do you get through it?
- What do you do to halt cravings? Mine are mostly for bread and for sweets.
- I’d love to hear about other great workout programs people have tried that kept them motivated and felt and saw a noticeable difference.