Even if the bribe is eating some sweet, the important thing is to make stretching a habit.
You could also have a weekly, or monthly goal. "If I stretch every day for x amount of time, I may spend some time, or money, etc., on this thing I wanted to do."
If you got up and did it it'll be ok, because the most hard part of doing anything is beginning it.
For myself I have found it is easier to just treat it like a goal I have to make for two days in a row. Then I will push myself to add a further two days until I have completed a week of rising early, stretching to wake up and start my day.
Sure, there are days when you don't want to move or participate in getting out of bed early, stretching or even treating your body as a temple. When that happens I remind myself,
"If not today…then when?"
Usually that is incentive enough to search within myself to find that extra push I need to just get on with it.
If you miss a day remember there is always tomorrow. Don't beat yourself up as that is negative talk which undermines your goals to do better.
After all, we are all individually responsible for our own personal journeys, aren't we?
I really don’t stretch. What I do is Zach Bush 4 minutes work out. Because I didn’t have the possibility of customize my activity, I chose “stretch” that reminded my workout.
This workout is very energizing, ideal to begin my day
- What are the best (
- When do you stretch for maximum benefit?
- How do I keep with the routines on a constantly changing schedule?
- What benefits have you noticed from stretching?
- Any healthy eating habits to share?
- What are other mediation apps can I use for free?
- What are the best (& easiest) stretches to do (especially for back)?
- I’m looking for a credible website that has instructions and photos/video of flexibility improving yoga poses. Any suggestions?
- What stretches are good for neck pain?
- What is your favourite way to stretch?