I do really big stretches before I even get out of bed (yes, just like my dog!). I just started a sun salutation yoga stretch (not in bed) for about 5 minutes as well. Makes a big difference for so little time! Very easy to wake up with as well.
Everyone is different. I have sciatica and a herniated disc. I do stretches, arching backwards and holding 10 seconds. Then leaning forward, I take hold of my calves (if I’m able to bend), and hold 10 seconds. Repeat.
- Are there neck and upper back stretches you like to do first thing in the morning?
- What kind of stretches do you tend to do the most?
- Can I have ideas for stretch for my hips?
- What stretches are best to increase flexibility in the legs? (Goal is to touch floor without bending knees)
- What are some good stretch poses?
- What is the best way to stretch your hamstring?
- Why is stretching important?
- How do you sustain the stretch habit?
- Which is good back stretch exercise?
- What’s your favourite stretching move? Favourite time to stretch?