I do really big stretches before I even get out of bed (yes, just like my dog!). I just started a sun salutation yoga stretch (not in bed) for about 5 minutes as well. Makes a big difference for so little time! Very easy to wake up with as well.
Everyone is different. I have sciatica and a herniated disc. I do stretches, arching backwards and holding 10 seconds. Then leaning forward, I take hold of my calves (if I’m able to bend), and hold 10 seconds. Repeat.
- I want to know how to relax while stretching
- How can I be motivated to stretch? To me, it seems something so simple that it’s a bit annoying. Although it healthy for your body. So how can I be motivated to something simple like that?
- How do you synchronize your breathing with your stretching?
- Do you stretch everyday? What is the frequency that you shoot for? When do you get it in?
- Whats the best strech for sholders or at the top of the back?
- Does running up some bleachers count as stretching or exercise?
- What has stretching helped you with? Has it changed your life in any way?
- What is your favourite stretching exercise?
- What are some of the best stretch routines you’ve found?
- Which body parts or muscles are the best to stretch in the mornings?