I do really big stretches before I even get out of bed (yes, just like my dog!). I just started a sun salutation yoga stretch (not in bed) for about 5 minutes as well. Makes a big difference for so little time! Very easy to wake up with as well.
Everyone is different. I have sciatica and a herniated disc. I do stretches, arching backwards and holding 10 seconds. Then leaning forward, I take hold of my calves (if I’m able to bend), and hold 10 seconds. Repeat.
- How has stretching helped you?
- What motivates you to stretch each day?
- Should I have a handful of stretches I keep on repeat or try new ones (more or less) everyday?
- how can you make yourself more flexible by stretching?
- Shoulder pain around blade. How do I stretch that out?
- How can you make your back more flexible?
- When is the best time for stretching? In the morning when all muscles are stiff or in the evening?
- What stretches do you find most helpful/useful?
- What are some stretches to be more flexible?
- I want to be better about stretching! How can I better incorporate this into my day?