The best spine stretch that I do and all of my classmates do is where u sit on a chair with no arm handles, and you grab the back of the chair while still sitting down and twist your back both left and right.
For me, I have 3 stretches that I do for my shoulders every morning. The first one is just a simple arm cross over- cross one arm (straight) over your chest and hold it in place with the other arm. I hold each arm twice for about 30sec each time. The second stretch is very similar – you take one arm up above your head and cross it behind your head/neck and push down on your elbow or pull your hand down with your other hand. Hold that one twice for 30 seconds as well. The third stretch is kind of a 2 in one- I love to do the upward facing dog yoga pose and turn my head from side to side and do circles with my head as well it’s an awesome neck stretch. You then can do the same pose modified, just lay back down on your tummy and move your hands out farther apart and lift up one shoulder at a time wile trying to keep the other on the ground. You can get a deeper stretch by spreading out your fingers and putting your weight into your fingertips with your palm off the ground. I alternate back and forth from left to right continuously with both of these and hold it for however long feels good! Hope this helps!!
- What are the best stretches and exercises to improve flexibility?
- Has anyone ever experienced heel pain as a result of stretching?
- What areas of the body you focus more when stretching?
- Where in your morning routine do you place stretching?
- Which stretch excercises are best for the lower back?
- What are some go-to arm stretches?
- How do you remember to stretch at work?
- Whats your favorite stretch/ yoga pose/ exercise that gets you limber?
- What stretches do you use to become more flexible?
- How do you stretch your legs