The best spine stretch that I do and all of my classmates do is where u sit on a chair with no arm handles, and you grab the back of the chair while still sitting down and twist your back both left and right.
For me, I have 3 stretches that I do for my shoulders every morning. The first one is just a simple arm cross over- cross one arm (straight) over your chest and hold it in place with the other arm. I hold each arm twice for about 30sec each time. The second stretch is very similar – you take one arm up above your head and cross it behind your head/neck and push down on your elbow or pull your hand down with your other hand. Hold that one twice for 30 seconds as well. The third stretch is kind of a 2 in one- I love to do the upward facing dog yoga pose and turn my head from side to side and do circles with my head as well it’s an awesome neck stretch. You then can do the same pose modified, just lay back down on your tummy and move your hands out farther apart and lift up one shoulder at a time wile trying to keep the other on the ground. You can get a deeper stretch by spreading out your fingers and putting your weight into your fingertips with your palm off the ground. I alternate back and forth from left to right continuously with both of these and hold it for however long feels good! Hope this helps!!
- What are good stretches for the morning when you get up?
- Stretches or exercises I could do to relieve lower and upper back pain? I have pain along my spine
- What kind of stretches do you like to do for your lower back and hamstrings?
- How does stretching help my brain?
- How many muscle groups do you target per stretch session?
- What type of exercises can I do beside sit-ups? They are too strenuous for me.
- I want to know how to stretch my glutes.
- What part of fabulous can help me with anxiety?
- How long do you usually have to stretch to actually have an effect on your body?
- Do you find it’s easier to stretch in the morning right after you wake up or at night before bed?