Second, use short, guided meditations on YouTube to train your mind to be comfortable with meditation.
Third, once you're comfortable with meditation and quieting your mind, begin to visualize SPECIFIC parts to your goal.
Repeat often, hopefully daily, and forgive yourself for anything that you feel is not going well.
Meditation is a skill. So it requires mistakes and insights for your practice to grow into what you envision.
- Where do you focus your eyes when they are closed?
- After some practice…can we really trust and make the difference between our intuition voice and our mind voice?
- Do you know whether meditating can help someone heal and recover from a concussion?
- It takes me a while to quiet my thoughts. What tips do you have to quiet the mind?
- What time of day do you like to meditate and if you are religious how do you fit this in with other spiritual practices?
- How do you cope with times where you act out of line with your values/priorities leading to negative consequences where you feel you’ve let yourself down?
- How can we meditate properly?
- What time of day is best for meditating?
- What do you guys focus on while meditating?
- How do you prevent feeling sleepy during meditation?