If they’re competitive, or think everything is “easy” (haha, my little boy did that) – I challenged them to try the exercises with me.
At one point, I was doing at-home workouts, and I put on some child-appropriate workout music (“cool” with lots of base will get them pretty jazzed) and had them join me. I would just modify things so they could keep up – but they had a blast trying to compete, jazz out to fun music, and/or just do something with me.
There’s all sorts of stuff! If you’re really fit, you can use your kid as a weight for workouts as well 😂 they think it’s hilarious and everyone has fun 🙂
I hope this helps spur some ideas! If you’re still clueless, Youtube is wonderful resource as well 🙂 I fully support that you want to include your kiddos 👌🏻 Have lots of fun!!
If they're older do some sport activity like kicking around a soccer ball, throwing it, seeing how high you can each throw it straight up, etc.
If they're past their first decade, ask them. They probably have some good ideas.
My sister takes my eldest son running with the Zombie Run couch to 5k app.
We also have Just Dance and Fru with the Xbox and Kinect.
Beachbody had Double Time that requires two people to even do the exercises. Unfortunately, we have a small house so that didn't work out well for us. It was fun though.
When my kids were younger, frequently we used GoNoodle. There are many free videos. The school was using it for inside recesses and brain brakes.
I like the stretching and positions with the monkey dude.
Sadly, now that they're older they are too cool for GoNoodle.
Usually each parent, if dad can come, walks with an older kid. The kids love the one on one time. They talk about whatever they want. My job on these walks is to listen and respond. They are thriving with the exercise and chat time. I know what is important to them.
Then we all check my Fitbit after to see how we did.
- Do you do the same kind of exercise every day?
- What should I do when I feel too tired to exercise?
- My job involves a lot of walking so I am mainly getting my cardio that way. How can I transition to something else for days I’m not working or if I change jobs?
- How do you retain your focus during meditation?
- Should I still try to excercise in the morning as I am going back to school next week or just in the afternoon?
- Has anyone found any other 7 minute exercises? I am getting bored doing the same one every morning.
- Which is better, exercising before or after breakfast?
- Is mediation a workout/exercise?
- What can you do to start enjoying the exercise process instead of it feeling like a punishment?
- What is your cardio and strength ratio and what kind of exercise do you do?