So I remind myself of three things:
1. I want to keep as many of my teeth as possible.
2. When I don't floss that means there are organisms lodged between my teeth; some are decaying, while others are multiplying. So I become their host. Is that what I really want?
3. Bacteria from my mouth can spread into my bloodstream if I don't help remove it by flossing.
So now after I complete the floss habit in Fabulous, "celebration" is the next step in the routine. I do a dance in the mirror, and stick out a "naa-naa-nee-boo-boo…Ha! I made it through! I flossed again!" tongue at my shadow self that tells me, "I don't have time", "This is such a chore", or "I can skip it this time."
While not perfect, with the habit reminders, I've managed to get it done more and more consistently. They really reinforce my mindset that I should be proud of myself for for standing up for my body, my health, and my belief that I can develop new habits.
I think many of us are using this app to support learning to honor ourselves with the highest respect as a habit, Flossing is just one of the choices we can make to get there!
I hope you're able to create a new mindset that makes it easier. 💜
The result is the same but quicker and simpler!
Now I just cannot stay without using them.
2. Soon you will get faster and you will feel weird if you don’t floss the other teeth and you add in a few more
Interestingly, I used to have bad dreams of teeth falling off and I would feel horrible when I waked up. Since I started taking care of it, I don’t have that type of Dream now.
It helps your heart. Flossing reduces plaque, the sticky film that collects at the gumline as a result of eating. … Without flossing and regular dental cleaning visits, periodontal disease may cause early tooth loss. It is also directly linked to chronic systemic illnesses such as low birth weight babies, diabetes and heart disease.
Just a few reasons to floss your teeth daily.🦷🦷🦷🦷🦷🦷🦷
- Is it really helpful to have the floss habit?
- What are the benefits of flossing? But I mean, visible ones. I’ve not been flossing for more then 10 years and nothing happened.
- Do you have a travel floss?
- Does having a scented floss actually do anything?
- What flossing tools can I use to keep from damaging my gums? Mint dental floss sticks between my teeth and is hard to use. Any suggestions for good alternative ways to floss?
- Are you supposed to floss after every meal? How do you do that if you aren’t home?
- How to I get in to the habit of flossing again?
- Do you think flossing is important? If you don’t or do, why so?
- It doesn’t hurt your teeth to floss more than once a day, right?
- Do you recommend any particular type of floss for teeth with wide gaps between them?