Up and down, back and forth, each side of gum between each tooth. So 31 gaps x 2 is 62 movements. At 2 seconds a gap that's 2.00 mins.
It's not about how long you floss but the quality of flossing. As I learn from dentists, the point is to get in between each teeth, scrape each side and then massage the gum once. When you massage the gum, it helps promote gum health
I don’t focus on time but rather flossing between each tooth. I also go up and down each side in the groove and try to wrap the floss around the curve of the tooth as best that I can. I haven’t ever timed this but I would guess it takes about 90 seconds.
- Is it okay to only floss once a day?
- Do you floss in the morning or at night?
- Do you find that there are some teeth that always have particles stuck in them? And, if so, do you spend more time brushing that area?
- Do you ever want to abondon the flossing habit?
- which should i do first, floss or brush?
- Do you floss in the middle of the day?
- How often do you floss? Do Your gums bleed?
- Floss on the mornign or evening?
- Now that you’ve been flossing, do you notice a difference!
- Why do you avoid flossing?