Up and down, back and forth, each side of gum between each tooth. So 31 gaps x 2 is 62 movements. At 2 seconds a gap that's 2.00 mins.
It's not about how long you floss but the quality of flossing. As I learn from dentists, the point is to get in between each teeth, scrape each side and then massage the gum once. When you massage the gum, it helps promote gum health
I don’t focus on time but rather flossing between each tooth. I also go up and down each side in the groove and try to wrap the floss around the curve of the tooth as best that I can. I haven’t ever timed this but I would guess it takes about 90 seconds.
- What floss techniques and tools do you use?
- Anyone noticing improvement with how their teeth feel?
- What time of the day is best for flossing?
- How often do you floss?
- Are floss picks better than the floss alone?
- Do you floss once or twice a day? 🙂
- Is there any eco friendly floss?
- What do you use to floss? I feel like floss strings always slip through my hands and toothpicks are too big.
- When you floss do you need a distraction? Ex. Watching tv or playing music?
- What keeps you from flossing?