Up and down, back and forth, each side of gum between each tooth. So 31 gaps x 2 is 62 movements. At 2 seconds a gap that's 2.00 mins.
It's not about how long you floss but the quality of flossing. As I learn from dentists, the point is to get in between each teeth, scrape each side and then massage the gum once. When you massage the gum, it helps promote gum health
I don’t focus on time but rather flossing between each tooth. I also go up and down each side in the groove and try to wrap the floss around the curve of the tooth as best that I can. I haven’t ever timed this but I would guess it takes about 90 seconds.
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss