The only person hurt by any neglect of dental hygiene is oneself. Not flossing when young led to gum disease for me. It was reversible but I have permanent gum loss and recession in places. Newer studies seem to reveal that other health issues can arise as a result of not flossing. It’s a hard habit for me to form despite my experience. I floss once a day but I believe my mouth would feel cleaner and fresher if I could develop the have of twice a day.
Myself. It's such a simple thing to do that gives me more confidence. I spend more than two minutes battering myself for not doing it. Irritated that I just didn't do it.
Not a person in particular but your bank account. If you don't floss you're more likely to get cavities resulting in fillings, root canals, crowns or even implantations which are a lot more costly than just flossing every night.
Myself, if I fail to take care of my own teeth then the consequences are losing them or paying a lot of money to keep them or modify them. It’s much easier less costly and less painful to do preventative care like flossing! It also makes my teeth feel so much cleaner and healthier. I can tell when I don’t do it by the time the next evening rolls around.
Yourself, when you go to the dentist and they floss it’ll hurt more also you’ll get out of routine and it’ll be harder to floss at all and you’ll bleed more
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?
- How do you ensure you floss every day?
- How do you do it in under two minutes? Any tips?
- It’s hard to get motivated to fast how do you motivate yourself to floss