Actually, yes and no.
Flossing alone is not that effective. flossing is really effective when it is mixed with brushing teeth, with a good tooth paste, and Mouth wash.
When we eat, very small food particles stuck inbetween our teeth and gums, and in interdental spaces. These particles make a very good medium for the bacteria to grow. Thus these particles help (bacterias) in decaying our very sweet n powerful n lovely teeth. What else they do is also very important. These food particles get stick in between the teeth and gums, and thus cause inflammation of that part. This is the main reason many times of toothache. Also, these food particles decay and cause bad breath.
Flossing, actually, takes away these small food particles from the interdental area. The food particles and the bacteria in the area of gums are not dealt by the flossing. For that we need to brush the teeth and to kill the remaining bacteria and keep the inflammation away, we need to wash our mouth with good mouth wash.
Go to a dentist, and make sure you floss everyday. If you dont floss, I think it takes a few days for the gunk to become solid.
Personally, I floss because my gums bleed less and less the more consistently I do it so I’ll continue to do it daily.
Since I've begun flossing every night, I have noticed my breath is better and my teeth and gums look and FEEL healthier. It helps to start by using the disposable flossers that you can get at the store. They are easier to use and a great way to develop the habit.
- Does it matter how many times I use floss a day?
- What is flossing correcy way or meyjods?
- Does minty floss have more chemicals than regular?
- Do you know the best method for flossing your tooth?
- How do I stay motivated to floss late at night?
- do you use the floss habit as a reminder to brush your teeth or a reminder to actually floss? i’m not american (i know you guys floss like no other and i wish i was like that) and i have these retainer braces?things? like just a wire behind my teeth and cant use the thread ((and also depression which means struggling to take care of personal hygiene at times so i need reminders to brush my teeth…))
- Why do I need to floss my teeth? How can it help?
- Does anyone floss multiple times a day?
- How long does it take before starting a flossing routine does not hurt anymore?
- For drinking water in the morning, we left a cup of water on the counter overnight. What can you do to prompt flossing for the next morning?