I use an actual notebook. I find it slower than typing with a keyboard so that I think about what I’m saying more. Handwriting my thoughts is also more coordinated and simple than typing on my phone.
I use a real notebook for journaling. It’s got a soft, somewhat padded and embellished cover. Not only is it nice to write in, but it’s great sensory stimulation just holding it.
Honestly both, when starting a new ritual I always use a new journal until I am sure about why and the purpose of the journal. When the journey is over, I often switch over to an app since I prefer the backup feature of the app. As long as it is written whether via paper journal or app, I feel I get the same effect from the concept. Only you can tell which method works best for you.
I like to use notebooks for my random self inquiry’s. Buyback then I type on the computer if I am wanting to write an in-depth journal entry
- Do you think an expensive journal or planner is worthy to purchase?
- How do you feel after writing down how your feeling
- What’s your favourite writing prompt or bit of advice that you’ve come across?
- Do you journal in the morning or in the evening?
- Do you prefer a physical journal or a journal app?
- What do you enjoy writing about most? Do you ever want to publish your work?
- What is the best way of writing?
- What is worth to write in the journal or what people used to write in a journal?
- 1st, 2nd or 3rd person perspective, which do you prefer?
- What’s a simple yet effective thing to write about daily?