Mindful waking, yes. As well as spending time outdoors and spending time with myself. I should also perhaps look at yoga as a meditation rather than a grueling exercise session.
Елена Соловьёва N.
I’m suppose that not, thank you for ideas! But You know what – I have another secret method for relaxation while meditation – every time before the meditation experience I Anoint my hands and feet with cosmetic oil – it’s fragrance calms me and helps to set on deep thinking Process.
While I do think of these things as being meditative, I still do seated meditation every day. The more the merrier! But if you're starting a meditative practice from scratch, then by all means, just start with something! Any of those activities are good for you!
I’ve found that there are activities I can do before focused meditation that get me more present and peaceful which allows me to be more successful at meditating. Yoga is particularly powerful for this because the mind and body are linked, and calming the body calms the mind in a very complementary way. Music or walking could both certainly do this as well, but I think Yoga is one of the best given that doing the poses forces you to be present in order to balance, hold the pose. It’s possible to walk or listen to music while being distracted but Yoga is a forcing function. Restorative yoga slightly less so in this aspect though it’s great too.
- What music should I meditate to and for how long??😇
- What is your favorite spot to meditate?
- Do you use mantras while you meditate? And if so, which ones work well for you?
- What is the easiest way to get rid of a distracted mind during meditation?
- What is the best way to meditate? It is best to have a longer time limit or start with a slower time limit?
- Is it bad that I don’t try to be present? I can very easily get focused on my body and senses so it’s not like I can’t be present. It’s just most of the time I use meditation as a way to jump start my mind to create and focusing on my breath doesn’t really did that. It’s like the meditation is a travel agent setting my mind off so I can follow where it goes.
- How long do you tend to mediate for each day?
- Do you have any fun meditation techniques, that makes meditation fun and motivating to do?
- I struggle keeping myself concentrated with meditation, how can I overcome that? Thx
- What apps do you use for meditating?