When there are such the feelings, just pay attention to them and just realize that they are happening to you. Then they will gradually fade and ultimately you can get back to the presence
- I usually meditate in bed before I go to sleep or to help me fall asleep, but lately I have been finding I have no concentration while meditating and just get distracted by thoughts with little success or energy to focusing on the meditation. Any ideas for regaining focus while meditating?
- How do you maintain your habits when travelling?
- How to start meditating?
- Which kind of meditation helps most for people with stress-related disorders?
- Do you have a favorite time of the day to meditate?
I have a hard time identifying my emotions and it seems I am terrible about taking are of myself…So, I ended up getting mental health assistance…meaning medical and therapeutic approaches…now I am getting to the point where I can use small amounts of time reading up on depression, anxiety, meditation, life values, skills, and am trying to cultivate a life purpose which will help focus my efforts in the future instead of me worrying about the future. In the meantime, I'm being informed alot about emotions and how they factor in..therfore, I may not be ready to id., get famailar and know what to do about my emotions just yet, but I'm hopeful about the start and not so afraid of what is going on inside of me that I don't understand…I simply remind myself that I WILL be checking back with that emotion when I know more and decide to treat everyone, including me, with extra patience until I can get back with it.
Meditate on that itch. Feel how it feels and feel how the urge feels. Is it strong and how strong? Once your attention on the itch is diminishes come back to the breath. It’s all about putting your attention where you want it. Just don’t put your attention on the mind.
- How do you position yourself during meditation?
- Have you considered going to a short meditation retreat?
- Yes. How exactly does one calm one’s mind in order to meditate? Like how can I quiet my mind completely in order to experience peace?
- Does meditation need to be done the same time every day?
- How do you meditate to get focused?
- How do you keep yourself focused on meditation?
- At times I have difficulty staying awake when I meditate in the morning. Does it happen to you too? How do you stay awake?
- What good meditation resources/apps do you use once you’ve progressed from the in-app ones?
- What changes do you see in yourself when you meditate daily?
- My mind drifts off too much during meditation, what should I do about it?