When there are such the feelings, just pay attention to them and just realize that they are happening to you. Then they will gradually fade and ultimately you can get back to the presence
- What benefits will I gain from meditation? Because I don’t feel changes.
- Where does your mind wander when you meditate?
- Where is your favourite place to meditate?
- If you suffer from severe mental illness (i.e depression or bipolar disorder), how do you handle very depressed feelings during meditation? Sometimes I feel like I am being sucked into a vortex of depression, guilt and shame during meditation because I am alone with my thoughts and feelings during that time. It is so painful 😢
- Has meditation given you something special in your life?
I have a hard time identifying my emotions and it seems I am terrible about taking are of myself…So, I ended up getting mental health assistance…meaning medical and therapeutic approaches…now I am getting to the point where I can use small amounts of time reading up on depression, anxiety, meditation, life values, skills, and am trying to cultivate a life purpose which will help focus my efforts in the future instead of me worrying about the future. In the meantime, I'm being informed alot about emotions and how they factor in..therfore, I may not be ready to id., get famailar and know what to do about my emotions just yet, but I'm hopeful about the start and not so afraid of what is going on inside of me that I don't understand…I simply remind myself that I WILL be checking back with that emotion when I know more and decide to treat everyone, including me, with extra patience until I can get back with it.
Meditate on that itch. Feel how it feels and feel how the urge feels. Is it strong and how strong? Once your attention on the itch is diminishes come back to the breath. It’s all about putting your attention where you want it. Just don’t put your attention on the mind.
- What are the advantages you see with meditation in a group?
- I wonder if there are others who have trouble visualizing, while meditating? Is yes, can you do it now? If yes, what did you do that allowed you to visualize? I am so frustrated! TIA.
- It’s so easy to stop meditating and not get back into it. How do I persist with my practice even when it seems like I don’t have time or patience for it?
- Does anyone use a candle when they meditate?
- Does anybody use a meditation pillow? And do you meditate first thing in the morning or later?
- How long before you feel that meditation is working?
- What is your practice like? Do you ever find yourself avoiding meditation?
- Why do you choose to meditate? Is it because of how it makes you feel?
- Is better if you meditate with more people?
- How long do you usually meditate and what’s in your mind when meditating? How efficiently keep concentrating?