I rise early. I stopped seeing getting up early and saw it as a gift. My morning routine includes breakfast, water, meditation, reading a book. All of those are so restorative to me that I don’t want to not get up. I also work out and though that’s not as enjoyable, I find a way to do it more enjoyably — Zumba or walk with a friend. Treats for me!
I made meditation a part of my morning routine. I enjoy what I learn about myself, so I continue to do it to get that benefit.
Well, I tend to meditate at night (just got back into the habit) . for A.M. though i would try starting off with even a 5 minute guided meditation. that way it doesn't feel like a chore and you could use this app to remind you until it becomes natural/ habit. oh and maybe do it before you even get out of bed so not to get side tracked (can drink your glass of water while doing it which is one of the first habits if most any apps like so because thats very important).
i hope this helps some. i never know if anyone gets use out of answering Qs and the questions we can ask, I don't know where to find that. hmm..
happy new year 🎉
I set an alarm. I make a mental note to meditate the night before. I ensure that meditation is the first thing I do when I wake up.
I use the daily calm App and that’s one of the first things I do when I wake as it’s only ten minutes . The app has some good advice at the end of the meditation but it does cost about £30.00 a year. It’s brilliant – has exercise and masterclasses as well . Also classes for children .
- What is meditation for you? What else do you experience as if meditating? Is meditation a specific activity?
- What meditation is the most beneficial when you’re new to meditation?
- Do you vary your times, or meditate more than once?
- What time of day do you most like to meditate?
- What’s your best meditation experience to date?
- How do you manage to concentrate and not be disturbed by noise and other thoughts while meditating?
- What do you observe while meditating? What is on your mind?
- Have you seen any conscious changes in your daily routines? If so what are they?
- Is it wrong to meditate while lying down?
- How “deep” does one go into meditation? I feel that I stay quite aware of my surroundings. Is this OK?