Zen Buddhism teaches leaving your eyes slightly open but cast down, maybe that can work. There is also walking meditation. Go to a quiet area, try headphones. Sometimes it helps to leave your home or go someplace new. I often go on a long hike, look for a hidden location that calls to me. Sit down and meditate.
Meditation is not easy and does not come without practice. There is no right or wrong way. Trust me, I feel your frustration. But I know you can do it. I have gone from 1 minute to about 1 hour. Yet I cannot sit still more then 30 seconds. We are in this together and always remember, there are many paths.
- What do you consider to be enlightenment?
- Any advice for meditating with chronic pain? It can be quite hard to focus..
- Have you found a way to integrate visualisation and mediation? Or is it two incompatible practises that can’t be combined ?
- What is better guided or non guided
- How do you get yourself to meditate when you just don’t feel like it?
- What are the most significant changes you felt since you started meditating?
- Does anyone else get a sort of low but constant buzzing angry energy when they start ramping up their meditation practice?? How do you deal with this, if so?
- How do you refocus when your mind wanders?
- How can I focus on meditation better? How can I stop my mind from wandering and becoming very distracted?
- Do you see anything when you meditate? What do you see?