Zen Buddhism teaches leaving your eyes slightly open but cast down, maybe that can work. There is also walking meditation. Go to a quiet area, try headphones. Sometimes it helps to leave your home or go someplace new. I often go on a long hike, look for a hidden location that calls to me. Sit down and meditate.
Meditation is not easy and does not come without practice. There is no right or wrong way. Trust me, I feel your frustration. But I know you can do it. I have gone from 1 minute to about 1 hour. Yet I cannot sit still more then 30 seconds. We are in this together and always remember, there are many paths.
- What kind of meditation do you practice.
- Do you have a meditation guide that you recommend or a particular teacher that you feel is very helpful for a beginner?
- When’s your favorite time of day to meditate?
- What is the best way and when is the best time to meditate
- Do you find guided or unguided meditation helps to clear your mind more?
- Is there a certain position you find that works better? It seems harder to focus when I try to sit super straight.
- Do you prefer guided mediations or just calming sounds? Do you have any tips to make master meditation?
- Can you meditate properly laying down?
- How do you position yourself when you meditate? Do you sit, lie down, or stand?
- What do you visualise when meditating??