I will eat a light snack before I workout. A banana. A peanut butter sandwich. Sometimes together. And apple. A drink.
I like to eat after a workout. Replenish energy in my body and it helps with recovery.
- What kind of exercise do you find to be the easiest to start in the morning? I’m thinking about starting to run in the morning but my motivation is somewhat lacking… it’s cold out 😅
- Does a quick 10 min run help at all? On busy mornings, that’s all the time I have.
- I have piriformis upper buttock pain from quick movements and bending back. How do I treat it?
- How do you motivate yourself to get out of bed in the morning?
- How do you motivate yourself to stop what you’re doing to exercise on the days where you just don’t want to?
It depends on the workout and the rest of my day. If I'm working out fairly early in the morning I like a little snack before and more of a recharge meal after… if its later in in the day i prefer to eat about an hour before my workout and have a protien snack after
I like to drink lots of water before working out so my body doesnt feel so empty while I work out and then eat afterwards.
I have oatmeal after I work out. I dont usually eat before which is really bad. I'm trying to have a banana before my workouts.
After!! It’s like a nice reward for working out, plus it is a motivating factor to finish. If I eat then work out, I often feel sluggish. It just seems better to do it afterwards.
I prefer to workout before I eat. It allows me to get moving quickly and I don't have an upset stomach. The feeling post workout without a meal beforehand is something that I enjoy.
I like to workout before I eat. I don't feel any pros or cons of either physically but not only does this pass more time without calories but the added benefit of burning the calories before you consume them. Plus, once you've ate, you feel satisfied for longer. If you eat and then exercise, you're likely to feel hungrier sooner with you burning off what you've ate. This is all dependent on your diet but that's what works best for me
I go to zumba twice a week, which is very intense. I feel best when I eat a small protein rich "mini meal" about an hour prior. Maybe a protein shake, or a couple of hard boiled eggs and some nuts. Then after I get home, I have something fairly small but again rich in protein and small carbs for muscle recovery. Almond milk and granola or a protein powder waffle with strawberries or brown rice cakes with sunbutter and a glass of almond milk.
Fortunato Da costa
I work out first thing in the morning. Before eating because my stomach feels bad if I eat beforehand. I also like to exercise before my shower so I can wash off the sweat before work. First thing in the morning is my only option.
I've worked out before I've eaten (a light workout) and after I've eaten (heavier workout). So, it's up to you and what you're feeling at the time.
I always workout on an empty stomach. I feel much more energised that way and it burns fat rather than using the food you ate for energy.
I eat something small and carb heavy, like a banana. Then I stretch and do light yoga for a good 30-45 min while that digests a bit. Then I start my actual workout.
I prefer exersice after eat cause I have enough energy to do that in the best way, but It's important not doing exersice when you're full.
I prefer to workout before I eat breakfast. I notice that I personally can do more before I eat. If I eat first I don't always have the energy to finish a 45 minuet workout. I suggest trying to workout before breakfast for a week and then after breakfast for a week and see which one feels right for you. Every body is different and you need to see what is best for you.
I like to workout before I eat. I usually exercise when I get out of bed. This helps me start my day and gets me energized, even though I may be tired. After I'm done I feel I can eat a healthy meal.
- What type of exercise is good to silence the mind?
- Do you have a motivating motto for your exercise plan in 2019?
- Does anyone find creatine useful for lifting?
- How much water should I drink before exercise?
- Best 7 minute exercise?
- I don’t know what to eat after a workout to build muscle or burn fat after my exercise, or in what quantities or what times to eat them. What should I eat, in what quantity, at what times, and how will I know I’m meeting my goals (how long will it take to see results)? Also: how do I stay confident when I see someone who has the appearance I want to have, especially around people I want to make proud?
- How can I get into meditation. What is the best time of day etc? X
- What type of music is good for recharging you and giving you the motivation to work out?
- How do I make a commitment to getting up at the same time every day?
- What are the benefits of cardio? Should I count tennis workouts as cardio? Should I incorporate high intensity intervals in the stair climbing?