Work basically draws energy from your body just as your brain is focused on it. So fun is deep work in that you enjoy doing it and you're not coerced.
I guess deep work can be fun. If you are a professional player and you have to focus on the game you are playing as your daily training yes.
I don’t see why not. You are still focusing for the appropriate amount of time. You’ll be amazed what you can learn from having fun.
Play is an essential part of maintaining mental and physical health. Joy is also a part of play, being in the moment and totally engaged. So yes, activities that have those qualities are deep work.
I think deep work is neither fun not work. When I get into the state of flow that often comes with deep work, I feel at peace. Time seems to stop existing, and the experience itself is much more than just fun.
- How to focus and not get distracted
- I sometimes feel guilt when I do not do something creative or productive. Is it ok to just lay in bed some days?
- What kind of stuff do you work on? Sometimes I dont know what to do!
- How do I stay motivated with all that is going on right now?
- How do you get ready to start work ?
- How to mansge time? I find hard to stick to the time to finish a task. Almost like it gives me stress
- What should you do if you are distracted frequently?
- For me, it is hard to find the perfect place for my deep work session. I’m easily distracted by sounds in my surrounding, but there’s isn’t really a place in my house where I can sit alone. Especially now during the Corona crisis… What should I try?
- How do you stay consistent with your routine and productivity level every single day?
- How do you get back on track if you start off distracted early in your work period. Some days I work really well, but I want some ideas on how to reset and self correct on days that aren’t going well.